Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Headed (back) to India!

In 2008, I was part of a team from Bent Tree traveling to Pune, India. Bent Tree Bible Fellowship “adopted” the Maratha people of Western India. Our goal is to establish and develop a thriving, multiplying church movement entirely led and supported by Marathas. I love remembering the people and places of that trip …. traveling with a fun and funny group, meeting new people in India and making friends, learning new ways and culture, stretching, growing and flexibility. The women taught a 5 day Counseling/Discipleship Conference to women leaders in Pune. The men taught Leadership to the Church Planters ready to graduate after a year of Bible Study. And I’ve dreamed of the day I’d go back



On April 29th, I will travel back to India as the leader of the India team. There will be six women (yay, girls’ trip!) and we will co-lead two conferences for church planters’ wives (one in Pune and one in Aurangabad) with a team from India led by my good friend, Teju. (Joseph and Teju are nationals who lead the team in India.) This is an opportunity to continue to build relationships, share resources, and provide interactive training for the church planters’ wives.



As I head out for our team meeting tonight, I feel inadequate with the title of “leader.” But I'm glad when realize that I do not have to rely on my own strength. (What is it, short-term memory loss that I keep forgetting? doh.) I am constantly reminded that it is not my strength, but God’s. They are not my plans, but His. And I am on this journey with five amazingly talented sisters here and we’ll meet up with Teju and her amazing team. We’re in this together!


(with Teju)

No comments: